Which monitor to install in version 10?

Hatepe

Same here, I mean, my monitor is an Aoc FT720 CRT monitor and is not in the 10.0 list, but the installation detected it as a plugplay() monitor and works just fine. Try plugplay(), and if that fails, I remember a trick that I used on Mandrake 9.0 when my old monitor died and I switched to this one and may be useful to you:

Reading the manual of my new monitor I noticed there was another monitor model of the same brand that had exactly the same specifications and refresh rates my monitor model has, and that was on the Mandrake 9.0 Control Center monitors' database, so I selected it, run the test and everything worked like a champ from then on :lol:.

Look for specs of your monitor and other Syncmaster ones, maybe you are lucky like me :)

If that doesn't work for you, you can always set your monitor as a generic/standard one (flatpanel in your case) or manually enter the horizontal and vertical refresh rates. Be careful if you are going to do that last one!

As I can tell from experience with other monitors, it was never a problem to select e.g. a Samsung-Samtron 75 or 7e in Linux for a newer 76e monitor, so downward compatibility schouldn't be a big problem, as long as you stay in the "production line".

Edited by arctic