It's here!!! -Looking Glass

bvc

I'm trying to figure out exactly what this is all about?

* SoulSe runs away

Ok, I've figured most of it out and it looks really interesting. Good luck explaining it to n00bs though...

well since you mentioned n00b.....

i dont understand what it is, it makes the desktop look 3d?

what's to explain? It's a java desktop w/o much function in its early stages.

:D

http://www.mandrakeusers.org/index.php?act...=post&id=126481

Clicking the CD icon on the taskbar will open the CD viewer, a 3D demo application. Mouse over the stack of CDs and click on the CD images to see the application in action. For addtional operational information, click the icon to the left of the CD Viewer on the taskbar. This will open a panel that summarizes the operations supported by the demo. Note that the left most icon, a computer, launches an xterm window. This item demonstrates X11 application integration and is only supported in full-screen mode.
it's animated, like a turntable of cd's. Edited by bvc

I'm trying to figure out exactly what this is all about?

* SoulSe runs away

Ok, I've figured most of it out and it looks really interesting. Good luck explaining it to n00bs though...

well since you mentioned n00b.....

i dont understand what it is, it makes the desktop look 3d?

no, it -is- a 3d desktop.

BVC: Yup, E17 the wm is nonexistant. But I have installed some of the Enlightenment apps based on the libraries and they are damn sweet!!

Engage is a piece of work!! I just have installed it and it is so damn sweet!! If only i could work out how to configure it!!

edit:i forgot to mention -- i have word that there might be *something* of a usable wm, by the end of the year.

Edited by iphitus

I still have it. Haven't gone any further in trying to get it to run full screen even though I think I just need to make a few additions to xorg.conf. From a window, no, it's not slow at all, and from what I've heard else where speed is not an issue if you meet the min-req. Not a prob for you B)