Printer won't print

Dustpuppy

I have an Epson stylus C44UX, which seems to have broken - but I thought I'd check here before yelling at the seller :)

It's about a month old and worked fine up to now. I run 10OE, printerdrake found it, got the drivers, it printed fine, MTink saw it etc etc. Then it started refusing to print, taking a page a little way into the printer, making the right sort of noises then just stopping and giving the red light. The black ink was at about 15%, so I replaced the cartridge but it's still doing it. I've also checked there's nothing physicallly stuck down the printer, and the page will spool through fine when I turn the printer off.

It won't print a test page, but it will print a nozzle check, but the colour bars aren't one atop the other, they're offset. It won't print anything else. It's completely visible to the computer, it just borks when asked to actually print anything.

Any ideas?

OK... it's not a printer problem, it's printing fine under XP with the drivers installed from the manufacturer's CD.

What's happened with the drivers on Mandrake recently? When I first installed the printer there wasn't a driver for C44UX so I told it to use the one for C42UX, which it did with no problem. Now when I install it, it automatically detects it as 44, says it has a driver etc, but the thing won't print. I've also tried telling it to use the drivers for 42... but that doesn't work any more!!

Is there anywhere I can get the latest drivers for mandrake?

:help: