SUSE9.1 and KDE Menu Tip: Size of Icons...

When opening the KDE Menu in 9.1, the size of the icons and titles are much bigger than in 9.0. Here is a "hack" to fix it so that after opening the menu, it no longer takes up a large two columns:

[NOTE: I have "stolen" this from svarreby on suselinuxsupport.de website to spread to others, so I give credit to him and the forum there.]

To Quote from svarreby's message:

Open and edit the following file:

~./kde/share/config/kickerrc

In this file there's a section at the bottom that is called [menus]. There's a value (32) for an option that is called MenuEntryHight. Change this value to 15.

(you can view these kind of hidden files/folders by enable "Show Hidden Files" in Konqueror)

Thanks svarreby. This should help others on this forum.

Sincerely

Richard L. :D

Thanks Hirogen2.

If you find it in the "deep deep depths", please post it here. That would be a good GUI way to do it (and I like GUI ways). In the meantime, the suggestion I gave above took less than 2 minutes (or even less than a minute for linux experts) to do.

Your contribution to this would be very helpful since many of use are "ooint and clickers"...something that "Linux is Ready for the Desktop" claims for converting the average, nontechie, Windows user to come over to Linux.

Cheers,

Richard