ATI AIW-Pro (RagePro) drivers?

papaschtroumpf

The card in my linux machine is an ATI AllInWonder Pro (circa 1998?) and is based on the RagePro chipset.

I tried launching Chromium nad it's dog slow (less than 1 frame per second): does that mean that I don't have hardware support in the drivers? (or did I simply not configure Chromium properly?)

Can someone tell me if there are hardware accelerateed drivers for that card in mdk10?

How about TV input from the all in wonder input (I remmeber looking for tha around mdk8 and the answer was no).

Guest jamesarcher

Thats whats happening on my Radeon 9600 Pro 128MB 600Mhz Memory Clock it does it with all 3d apps and i cant find an answer. i tired installing the new drivers but cant cos mandrake seems to have its own custom version of XFREE86 and i dont know how to change it

I didn't notice that mdk10 actually hada driver entry for Ati AIW Pro (because it selected mach64 by default). I changed to that but still no luck (yes I restarted X, I restarted the whole machine).

Running glxgears gives me a framerate of 160 to 180, which I believe indicates that hardware acceleration is not working.

There is a glx.iso entry in my XF86Config.4 file.

not sure what to do short of buying a new video card.

Yes, buy an nvidia chip videp card! :thumbs: ATI is not keeping up with linux very well. They are still under the cloud of Redmond, where the shadow lies.