ATI 9700 PRO

jag2000

anyone having any issues with installing these drivers for mandy 10 official. i keep getting mesa drivers..

i want to switch totally to mandy and dump xp pro...

but without 3d graphics .. i dont see it happening.

Edited by jag2000

Unfortunately, ATI does not have the support that Nvidia has in linux. That is why Nvidia is the preferred video card of the new mellinium!! You can get excellent 3-d with Nvidia. ATI is going to be hit and miss. :wall:

well crap i didnt blow 300 bucks on a card so i couldnt use it..

i like mandy 10 it worked with all my hardware minus teh video card and microsoft intellimouse. i have bricked that os so many times.. that reloading it isnt an issue.. it took me 12 mins to go from start to finish..

so that didnt upset me that much.. but getting rid of windows was on one of my top lists.. i have followed pretty much everything from LQ to get it to work.. and some have had same mbb and video card as me.. so whats up

Like I said, it's hit and miss. ATI has linux drivers on their sight. Download them and give it a shot. I know that others here have functioning ATI cards. But there has been a lot more issues with them not working.