Looking for motherboard suggestions for AMD cpu

fuzzylizard

Despite claims to the contrary, the KT333 chipset works just fine with Linux. I just got a machine with that particular chipset and it works just fine.

I have noticed that my framerates for glxgears are sub-par however, coming in at around 370 FPS, when I've seen others with much higher framerates. I suspect that I have an improper OpenGL set-up (perhaps a driver that was not un-installed) rather than a hardware problem as the rates are the same regardless of trying to use AGPgart or native nVidia AGP support.

Well, I think I have solved part of my little mystery -- my windows 2000 hard drive just died. I was running a mem test last night and went to reboot this morning and had a few problems.

The drive posted and found the MBR with no problems, but when it tried to boot into windows the drive entered this little seek pattern and wouldn't leave. This would probably explain why a lot of the errors were write error instead of read errors.

Still running the mem tests though. But it definitely supports my thought that something more was wrong with the computer then just the ram. It also explains why Linux, which is on a second drive, was not affected.

I guess that just goes to show that Windows isn't even safe for hard drives. :)

Just to throw in my two pfennigs, my new setup is a Soyo Dragon Ultra Platinum mb with an Athlon XP2100 and 768mb pc2100. It hauls much booty, and with my geforce4 it4200 it has more than enough power for anything.

Now all I need is more hd space. Running reeeeal thin these days, even used up all my jacked-up Windows partitions. That's about all they're good for since I changed all the hardware out...backup space for Space Ghost C2C cartoons. Don't think for a second that Windows XP can handle a change as radical as a new mb. Mandrake didn't flinch.