Sony Vaio PCG-GRT785E and cpu/fan Throtteling

Guest pschultz

Guest pschultz

Hi there.

i have a.m. notebook and have tried to configure powermodes. SuSE did out of the Box but i dont want to use it!

Need a little help to get the fan more silent :-)

• 1 month later...

I needed to install 2 acpi thingies to get the fan to shut up.

search for acpi in the software installer, install "acpi", in MCC you can enable it under services and then you can do some settings in the power management of KDE control center.

My HP laptop did the same thing too. My fan was in like overdrive for about 4 hours, and then I started to feel it getting hotter and hotter so I had to shut it off for about another 4 hours. My computer is acting funny since I just removed the battery since it's bad having the battery in when using the AC and the battery fully charged. Now my computer keeps on shutting down because people here recommend that theres something to do with the power. Truly don't know what to say...... The only advice I have is mount that back of your computer with a pen cap or something on each of the back coners, this way air can also escape thrue the bottom airway ( if you have it ) instead of all the air coming out the sides, you might find it quite helpfull, and should try it and you can see the results.

-Luis

• 4 weeks later...