How do you save rpms downloaded from ftp install

cage47

URPMI easy?! Hah! Infuriating is more like it. Coming back from debian it is totally archane. It's almost easier to just download the packages and install them separately as opposed to figuring out URPMI's setup. (And yes I did read the man page). Now I used the Software Media Manager instead and added a mirror for the PLF archives and have already downloaded a couple packages as a test and they installed fine. But I can't find where they were downloaded. I assumed it was in /var/cache/urpmi/rpms but they aren't there. I know of the -noclean option for urpmi but I didn't set it up with that. So how can I change it so the downloaded rpms are not erased? Is there a config file to edit? (probably) If so what is is and what do I need to enter. Otherwise I'll end up just downloading stuff I want.

Honestly the Software Media Manager is close to what a gui frontend for Debian's apt-cdrom add utility would work like. I figure that is what they wanted urpmi to work like but it's too archane. Then again it could have just been plf. I went to the easy-urpmi site and tried to folllow the instructions there to enter the PLF source and failed miserably. The Software Media Manager was simpler.

I personally think the command line to urpmi is pretty cool and I tend not to use the media manager that much (which is pretty cool too though). But anyway, you'll get what you want by adding the following lines to the beginning of /etc/urpmi/urpmi.cfg

{
 no-clean
}

For the full description and set of options you may also read the man pages for urpmi.cfg...

Edited by jalrnc