Good P2P program

SwiftDeath

with mldonkey, its 2 parts. mldonkey is the daemon that needs to be loaded first. kmldonkey is the front end to mldonkey.

hit alt-f2 and type mldonkey. once thats loaded kmldonkey should work fine.

I'm do not using kmldonkey.... I'm using melnet , which lets me do it in my browser.

I tried starting mldonkey by pressing alt+f2 and typing in mldonkey, but it said the specified file location was invalid.

Is that 01 version, instead of the new 04 version of java, any better that you suggseted? And if it is how do I uninstall java.

Thanks,

SwiftDeath

SwiftDeath, regarding mldonkey and your searches coming out empty... are you behind a firewall? If so then you need to open a few ports for the newtworks to go through. One other problem that comes to my mind would be an empty list of servers (file servers.ini in ~/.mldonkey), but that shouldn't be the case if you used urpmi to install the package available at PLF.

---PROBLEM RESOLVED-----

I uninstalled java and reinstalled an older version and then attempted to install LimeWire (which appears to be the best one anyways) and it worked. And now I'm downloading songs on LINUX! :lol:

Now I just gotta figure out why my cd-rws aren't working.... I'll give that 3 more days and then make a post about it if I can't fix it.