gaim 0.77 for 10.0 OE *UPDATED* 0.78

tyme

A combined effort between Qchem and myself has resulted in the buildnig of the first RPM from code junkies @ geektyme:

Gaim 0.77

please test it and report problems in this thread

I know some people are going to ask, "why did you make this rpm since there is already one in cooker?"

my answer is simply: because I wanted to. because I needed to start somewhere :-P and now I'm sharing it so that Qchem and I can see if we made mistakes...

it works fine on my system. please test it on yours.

***UPDATE***

Again, with the help of Qchem I've built an RPM for Gaim 0.78. Please note, I have -not- tested this on my system yet. Please test it and let me know the results! Thanks :)

Gaim 0.78

Edited by tyme

just tested this on my mandrake system and got an apparently unresolvable dependency:

error: Failed dependencies:
       libgaim-remote.0 is needed by gaim-0.78-1mdk.cj

anyone else get this? I'm working the issue.

I also had a dependancy during the install. But I just installed that and then the rest of the gaim install went smooth. Anyone using linux for more then a week can figure it out easily enough.

I'm proof, I've been running linux since Monday (3 days) and got it installed and running without any problems. So if you're looking for a newbie experience....you're looking at him.

dependancy issues..

I know. Qchem and I are trying to build libgaim-remote directly into it.

let me know if you got any deps other than the one i mentioned above (and did you use urpmi to install it).