No network in Mandrake 10OE

Ixthusdan

I reinstalled Mandrake over a failed update(s) issue, and now it won't network! SuSE is similar but not the same as Mandrake, and I have played for three days trying to get it to work. So, would some one post the following files in their Mandy 10OE system? It would help if you are going to a router which then feeds the "net to each machine.

/etc/sysconfig/network

/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts-eth0

/etc/hosts

/etc/resolve.conf

I think that's what I need.

For those interested, if you have cooker in your sources for select files, don't forget and do a universal update without turning off cooker. You'll get a mess! I just don't understand why Mandy won't install clean this time. :wall: I can't get sound or Nvidia to work, either, but those are different posts!

etc/sysconf/network:

NETWORKING=yes

/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0:

DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=dhcp
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
ONBOOT=yes
WIRELESS_ENC_KEY=""

/etc/hosts:

127.0.0.1  localhost

etc/resolv.conf:

nameserver 192.168.2.1

10.0 OE here, router is 192.168.2.1, serves dynamic IP's.

Hope you are back soon, Ix.

Well, nothing works. I have reinstalled again, but I suspect that there is something wrong with my disks. I can't explain how it installed without problems before, and now I have not network, which means no internet, no sound card, and nvidia driver won't run when installed. It is like there is a chipset error of some kind. Windows and SuSE run just fine, so I know the issue is Mandrake and not the hardware. Looks like I am going to download and burn again! :furious3: