Gift plugins not working

Cornellius

Cornelius:

I have giFT installed here with giFTcurs as the front end to giFT daemon, so that I'm not sure which procedures you have followed to install gift. During the gift setup (typing "gift-setup" in terminal, paying attention to choose 1 to save the configuration), I have entered the following plugin options in order to get it loaded during giFTcurs load:

#  Protocol names are case sensitive, so use OpenFT, not Openft.
#
# For example, to use the OpenFT and Gnutella protocols use:
#
#  OpenFT:Gnutella
#
# Default: none
#
plugins = OpenFT:Gnutella:FastTrack

These setting were saved in /home/username/.giFT/ giftd.conf file and according to what I noticed in the log file, it seems that all 3 plugins work properly, sharing some petabytes across the network and for sure enabling me to download some files.

Here is the output of giFT stuff :

[william@poseidon william]$ rpm -qa | grep gift
giftrans-1.12.2-13mdk
libgift0-0.11.6-1plf
gift-gnutella-0.0.5-1oci
gift-fasttrack-0.8.5-1plf
gift-openft-0.2.1.1-4plf
gift-0.11.6-1plf

Good luck.

Cornellius:

Not sure if you are facing this sort of problem, but why don't you use mandrake's tool to install your softwares? It's easier than spending time solving dependency problems?!!

Have you tried "urpmi"?

1) Get the command lines to update system's sourcers (contrib, main, updates and plf) here

2) Paste the command as root using your favorite terminal (it will take some hours considering your 56k internet connection).

3) Go to Mandrake Control Center to add new sofwares (if you prefer the GUI way).

Anyway, if you don't want to spend much time on doing that, the Gnutella.rpm you can find at RPM Search and download the alt.rpm file.

Here there are some gift.rpm files. that can make things easier.

But look, I noticed by your previous posts that you are running mandrake, but consider the fact that possibly these rpms won't work if you are not running mdk 10, anyway I'd give it a try!

Good luck!