For better or worse?

Guest Thulemanden

Guest Thulemanden

As 9.0 is exceedingly longer time about installing and with errors in OpenOffice and PCI-Utils installation taht stops the installation process, I would wish that it beeped on errors and flashed a screen-message in a contrasting color, so you from a distance could be alerted somethin is wrong.

Altogther I have a feeling that the quality of the distribution is falling fom each time, although more applications is 'upgraded' to a fancier look.

mandrake looks increasingly superficial to me.

I have noted a marked improvment with the release of MDK 9.0. A look at the bug sheets will confirm big improvments from 8.2

Since the release of 9.0, I have done just under 20 installs of the OS on a few machines, without any errors in PCI-Utils and only one small problem with openoffice being very slow on opening files.

Mandrake might look a little superficial with a basic click-and-go install but dig a bit deeper and you will find a very flexible distribution. It would be nice to be alerted of errors while away from the machine though - I think it should phone my mobile number and alert me. GET REAL!

But if it's not "technical" enough for you, maybe another distro is your answer...

The one thing I have noticed about linux in general, after playing around with 4 different distributions, is that it is unforgiving if you have hardware issues. I can get windows to install on a box with a known problem in the chipset. Of course, it runs erratically and renders BSOD all the time. Linux will not even setup on this box.

I think this is an improvement in an os, not worse.

It would be nice to be alerted of errors while away from the machine though - I think it should phone my mobile number and alert me.

:lol: :lol:

You mean yours doesn't do that ?? My set up not only dials my mobile phone, it connects up to this forum, searches all posts and docs, finds the answer and uploads it to my computer. :wink:

You mean yours doesn't do that ?? My set up not only dials my mobile phone, it connects up to this forum, searches all posts and docs, finds the answer and uploads it to my computer.

It does?!? Damn, I've got to run mandrake update again!

You mean yours doesn't do that ?? My set up not only dials my mobile phone' date=' it connects up to this forum, searches all posts and docs, finds the answer and uploads it to my computer. :wink:[/quote']

hehe yes thats why i have been adding posts to the forum for every topic i can think of and saying that the solution is to format all your partitions :wink:

Who needs a virus if you had a feature like that :D

I don't know about you guys but mine not only knows when it makes a mistake, it beeps AND cleans up after itself. Just wish my dog did that, but then again he's the one that goes and warms up the car in the morning for me.

But If I were you dude just try a totally new linux reload. It sounds like a iso/disc problem or bad computer parts.