Problems with update in Mandrake 9.2

b1b1

Hi all

Hi have mandrake 9.2 installed in my desktop and in the last months I try to update my system and nothing appears to update... this is strange because when I installed the system the updates was frequently.

My updates souces are ok and answer.

This can be a problem of configuration of my urpmi??? Or after the announcement of Mandrake 10 they forgot 9.2 users that don´t want to upgrade to 10????

Thanks and waiting answers.

updates have slowed down somewhat for MDK9.2, but they are still coming. just several days ago there was a kernel update (2.4.22-30), plus there have been several security/bug fix updates in recent weeks. check the Mandrake 9.2 updates page to get a list. or, just check out Aru's security advisory section in this forum. when you go to Mandrake Control Center & click "Mandrake Update", it should automatically ask you to connect to a mirror, then update that mirror before giving you results. are you using an outdated update mirror perhaps? check the Mandrake update mirrors status page to see if your mirror is up to date. if it isn't, change to one that is. and finally, you should update all of your sources on a regular basis, especially if you have contrib & cooker sources. to update all sources, open a terminal, change to root, then type the following & hit enter........

urpmi.update -a

that will update all of your sources & give you output that can be useful (such as a source being unavailable).

Chris