Philips sound card

goto

Well, my hint to write to philips is not so that you will get some answers, it is just so they know statistically that there are some linux users and that they will have to do something at some point.

This point may be years from now...

Do not count on them doing anything... The Linux market is just too small for them to be bothered.

But it is important to let them know there are some users now, so it is good to contact them.

If no one pushes them, asks questions etc, then why would they ever support linux?

The best people can do, is let them know they are not happy with lacking Linux support.

In general there are 4 steps:

1) let them know you want the hardware to work under Linux

2) let them know that at least you desire an answer

3) let them know you will have to buy hardware from another brand/type so that you have no hardware lock-in into some other platform - and so that the money you spent on this hardware is actually quite a loss, your only option may be to sell it cheaply secondhand (ebay or whatever)

4) let them know you will recommend anyone shopping for hardware not to buy this model but some other model/brand since with the other model people will not have a hardware lock-in into one single platform. Even if those people are still on Win, they may want to try Linux (or *BSD or whatever) at some point, and it would be stupid to be locked-in by their hardware at that point..

Back to your problem, did you try the sb driver??

yes, i try it: modprobe snd_emu10k1 . no result.

i have i friend who have Philips PSC 605 (mine is psc 705) and his card use snd_cmipci module. i try this module at me and no result.

also, in harddrake2 at sound - thunderbird in run config tools option doesn,t run anything.

• 7 months later...