Where are the .iso files for 10.0 official?!

ubbaken

When looking through all the ftp files, I still can't find the .iso files needed to make the cds for the install. It says something about a HDD install, by downloading the mandrake and images files, and then says that the .iso files are in the directory 'iso' but all I see is 'isolinux' and there aren't any .iso files in there.

What do I dl for 10.0 Official?!

Or you just do an ftp install, if you're on broadband. In the subdir images there is a cdrom iso for a bootable cd (boot.iso) that you can use to do an ftp, nfs, http or harddisk installation.

Either just do an ftp installation and point to one of the mirrors, or download the whole ftp tree and do a harddisk install.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest chad

Hello all,

I've decided to give to Mandrake 10 a try. I know the ISO's haven't been released, yet, so I decided to do the network install. I ran the boot CD and it's asking for the "FTP Server" and "Mandrake Linux Directory". I've tried everything I can think of but it doesn't seem to want to work. I've decided to use the following mirror:

ftp.esat.net/pub/linux/mandrakelinux/official/10.0/i586

What would I enter for the "FTP Server" and Mandrake Linux Directory"?

Thanks for the help!

Edited by chad

Hi Chad,

I'm not entirely sure why, but you have to add the / before the linux directory...

So in your case,

FTP Server: ftp.esat.net

Mandrake Linux Directory: /pub/linux/mandrakelinux/official/10.0/i586

Hope that helps.

hey iphitus, is your link suggestion for a home-made iso or from the club? if its the latter then i suggest you edit the information out in accordance to the board stand against sharing iso dowload information.

but im guessing its the former so im just covering our asses here. :D

ciao!