fearing of upgrade from 9.2 to 10

underdark

I know that mdk cd's have an upgrade option.I have mdk 9.2 download edition(3cd),that a computer magazine gave.I wanna download MDK 10 Club edition isos (4cd).Then upgrade the system from 9.2 to 10.But i want my files and documents,other rpms in mdk 9.2 not to disappear.Is it possible.

It is posible if you setup /home in its own partition. If you did, simply don't format that partition when installing. Otherwise, you will have to back up the files that you want to keep, and install then after the os is installed.

I know a lot of people have a problem with the upgrade option, but I just went from 9.2 to 10.0 CE (download) using the upgrade option with no problems. I'm downloading updates right now, but haven't seen any problems yet. All my hardware is working, even that evil usb HD that I had so much trouble with in 9.2. It seemed to work a little more smoothly than the last time I tried. Maybe it's getting better?

Edited by kmc77