Sound in Xandros

Hey,

I am currently trying the 30-day demo version of Xandros. However, due to some screen freezes and other weird behaviour I decided to reinstall it. Windows addiction I guess :unsure:

My sound used to sound GREAT, but now there is distortion on the background, and sometimes the sound 'chips' (I think, a short interruption, making a sound like you can expect from gliding your finger over a guitar).

How can I see what module I use for sound in Xandros and how can I change it to the i810_audio (Intel 810 audio?).

Is this a problem with the module, with the sound server, or possibily with the chipset (nforce)?? Any tips for solving and/or troubleshooting this.

As already a few weeks have passed, I would appreciate a quick response; so I can test it before my trial is over... :juggle:

Darkelve

P.S. I already tried this, but it still doesn't work:

http://support.xandros.com/kb-view.php?topic=21

Edited by Darkelve

Follow-up: I changed the Sound/IO method in the Control Center to 'Alsa'. Now when I play music in Xine, the sound is good (like it should be - I didn't try this before the alsa change however). But when I start Xmms or Noatun now, I get no sound! The slider moves and the changing volume is displayed (bars), but I get no sound...

Found it:

in Xmms I went to Preferences->Plugins,

choose the driver 'OSS', then choose 'configure oss driver' and unchecked the option below (I'm on windoze right now and don't remember what that option was... :( )

Anyway, this fixed the problem, so this thread may be closed.

Darkelve