Mulitsession cd burning in Mandy 8.2

cage47

Has anyone got any program working in Mandy 8.2 that can do multisession cd burning. I have Xcdroast loaded. It works but the multisession option gives an error "not implemented yet". I'm looking into trying a newer version. I've tried gtoaster but whenever I try to select tracks to burn I get an error that "no recordable tracks read." and eroaster gives an error when I try to scan the cdrw and the cd reader

"can not scan device scd*. Check that you have permission to read these devices" (or something along those lines.) No mandrake did an excelent job setting up my cdrw and cdrom together. And I have xcdroaster working and have burned a cd but it will only do disk at once since multisession isn't implemented yet. Fine for whole cd's but not if you make incremental additions to cd-r's. Haven't done cdrw's yet. So I'm looking to see if anyone has anything working that does multisession cd-r's or does anyone have gtoaster working (granted I'm using it in KDE and I don't have gnome loaded).

OK. I've got multi=session cd burning going. I finally found gcombust. It works great. It will burn and then let you add data after. I've already tested 2 cds. (accidentally finalized the first one on the second burn)

And burning iso images is fine.

Problem is that I'm having a bugger of a time creating audio cd's. I can't get any to copy cd-cd. probably because I don't have my hdd set to scsi emulation yet. I'll have to change that. But even if I have a pile of wav or mp3 files, I can't get them on the cd. I have burnt a cd worth of mp3 files once but it reads as a data cd full of mp3 files, not an audio cd with tracks. I even went to the basics and tried it with cdrecord at the cli and it gives me errors when trying to burn audio format. Data is no problem. So who out there has an idea or how do they do audio cd burning. I'm not stuck since I still have my Windows software to burn audio cd's but this is the last thing I need windows for. Since moving the cd-rw to the big box I'm even converting my back up machine to a debian box.