Supermount gone wild

kmc77

I would like to ask for forgiveness in advance if I'm doing something that I'm not supposed to. This is a new topic, extending from another topic. It seems that I have another problem steming from the previous topic. Here's what's going on now:

First, here's my fstab:

/dev/hda6 / ext2 noatime 1 1
none /dev/pts devpts mode=0620 0 0
none /mnt/cdrom supermount dev=/dev/hdc,fs=udf:iso9660,ro,--,iocharset=iso8859-1 0 0
none /mnt/cdrom2 supermount dev=/dev/scd0,fs=udf:iso9660,ro,--,iocharset=iso8859-1 0 0
none /mnt/floppy supermount dev=/dev/fd0,fs=ext2:vfat,--,umask=0,sync,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850 0 0
/dev/hda2 /mnt/windows ntfs ro,iocharset=iso8859-1,umask=0 0 0
none /mnt/zip supermount dev=/dev/sda4,fs=ext2:vfat,--,umask=0,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850 0 0
none /proc proc defaults 0 0
/dev/hda5 swap swap defaults 0 0
none /mnt/removable supermount dev=/dev/sdb1,fs=ext2:vfat,--,codepage=850,kudzu,iocharset=iso8859-1 0 0
none /mnt/removable2 supermount dev=/dev/sda1,fs=ext2:vfat,--,codepage=850,kudzu,iocharset=iso8859-1 0 0
none /mnt/zip2 supermount dev=/dev/sdb4,fs=ext2:vfat,--,codepage=850,iocharset=iso8859-1,kudzu 0 0

This is the situation. If i turn my usb HD on while I am in mandrake it mounts the drive as "sdb1".

If I turn the usb HD on before I start mandrake it mounts the drive as "sda1".

If I turn it off and back on again I start getting reproduced mounts. ex - removable2, removable3, removable4, etc.

Now for some reason, when I rebooted this last time, mandrake decided to double mount my zip drive. It did the sdb1 and sda1 thing with that drive also. To this point nothing has been wrong with the zip drive. It has always been a single mount that has worked fine.

Everytime mandrake mounts another copy, the previous ones don't work anymore (I mean the zip - usb HD has never worked).

Help!!

Ok multiple reproductions of zip and usb HD issue has been solved by scoopy's remove/reboot/repeat method :lol: (it works - I swear).

The method was given to me by scoopy in a PM. For those of you who would like to know, It consists of unplugging the usb items, deleting the fastab entries of those items that point to sba, reboot, plug in usb items and reboot again - "repeat as needed"

(Sounds like a shampoo commercial)

Thanks for your help on this scoopy. Now back to working on the original problem