Legends shortcuts?

Ghil Vertefeuille

The subject says it all I think

I want to do an Icon on my desktop (KDE 3.2) wich will run Legends without opening each time a terminal, cding the directory and do /.runlegends... ^^

Can anyone help me with that?

Create a file named startlegends with this in it

##!/bin/bash

cd /path/to/legends/

./runlegends

Then make the file executable using permissions in kde or from the commandline type

chmod +x startlegends

Then right click the desktop -> create new file -> link to application

It should be self explanatory from there... but you need to hit advanced options in the application tab and check the run in terminal box and for the application the path should be something like

'/home/<username here>/./startlegends'

You have to put the ./ in front of the startlegends

Heres another tip.

If you place the startup script in /home/your_username/bin/ directory

you can call it with just the name at the command prompt or via link to application.

No need for "/pathtoscript/scriptname" just "scriptname" from any directory without the "./".

Heres another tip.

you can call it with just the name at the command prompt or via link to application.

No need for "/pathtoscript/scriptname" just "scriptname" from any directory without the "./".

For some shell scripts, you need to be in a directory when you run it, as it creates a temp file that another program is looking for in that specific directory.

Without seeing the ./runlegends script I went with the safe route....

Heres another tip.

For some shell scripts, you need to be in a directory when you run it, as it creates a temp file that another program is looking for in that specific directory.

Without seeing the ./runlegends script I went with the safe route....

All i thought i was suggesting was to place your "startlegends"(not the original "runlegends") script in the /home/user_name/bin directory so that it would be in the user $PATH so they wouldn't need to specify the directory or prefix with "./".

I was just to lazy to type it out with sufficient detail :zzz: :D