Clie sync in MDK 10 CE

p8riot

I've got a Clie TJ37 and am unable to synch with any of the standard pilot packages. I know that I have the connection correct because I get this response when I run pilot-xfer -p /dev/ttyUSB0 -l

Listening to port: /dev/ttyUSB0

Please press the HotSync button now... Connected

Reading list of databases in RAM...

<list of databases goes here>

List complete. 228 files found.

Time elapsed: 0:00:03

I was also able to backup the Clie to my /home/kevin/.palm directory using

pilot-xfer -p /dev/ttyUSB0 -b /home/kevin/.palm

However I get no response when I try to setup the pilot in Evolution. I get to the last screen in the gnome-pilot wizard and I get no response when I hit the HotSync button.

I don't get any response in Jpilot after hitting HotSync, and in Kpilot it tells me that the link is ready, but doesn't do anything after that.

I have the conduits setup as well in all of the above programs.

I read somewhere that it may be posible that more than one instance of gpilotd may be running, but am not sure how to check that. Could the fact that I am trying out different apps contribute to that?

I have also tried using coldsync 2.2.5. I installed it according to the directions and it will not run from either the console or the "Run Application" window.

My preference would to use Evolution alone.

I am running on a Dell Dimension 2400 p-4 2.53GHz, with 1GB RAM dual booting with XP pro on a 40GB WD hard drive. It has integrated video & sound.

Kevin

Edited by p8riot

With my Clié, I need to first press the hotsync button on the Clié (NOT the cradle), and then the sync button in JPilot. Works like a charm, didn't have to configure anything at all. JPilot will open a node on its own; after that first syncing, it's enough to hit the cradle button and then sync in JPilot. But in any case, it's always: first hit sync on your Clié, then in the software.

-Sascha.rb

Thanks for the help. I finally got the Clie to sync. I ended up removing gnome-pilot (which was acting wierd. Every time I booted into Mandrake I would get a half dozen gnome-pilot wizards opened up), and using Kpilot. I set it to /dev/ttyUSB0 and everything worked. I am going to end up using Kmail and Korganizer instead of Evolution, but that's OK, as long as I have something that works I am happy.