mdk linux 10.0 and security

fahd

Fahd,

I think you can forget about a certification like common criteria or the like. Who would pay for the certification? And even if there would be someone willing to pay, it takes years to get something common criteria certified and ML 10.0 is not even out for a month. :jester: In reality common criteria doesn't mean much. It is not usable. Before a soft can be common criteria certified, it is completely outdated.

By the way as far as I know there is no OS that has been certified common criteria. There are some that are certified under certain very strict conditions (mostly saying that it is common criteria if you don't hook it up to any network :juggle: ), but no OS is certified common criteria unconditionally.

On your remark:

Self-governments and administrations would not implement mdk linux if it is not enough secure.

I thus would want to respond: just as if any M$ stuff in use at governments and administrations has been certified. In any case not in the way they use it. And with M$ they don't even know what they run. It could potentially be full of spyware. ML is open source, very little chance it contains any spyware. So if they run M$ as an OS, why wouldn't they want to run ML (no matter if it is 10.0 or an older release)?

Ciao,

Sitor