yet another nvidia question........

riorama

ok ,

Ive read the install for nvidia module, and have had success with it in 9.1/9.2. But now I'm installing 10mdk, and have run into a horrible and confusing problem with no real answer.

Help!

Ive urpmi'd kernel-source, binutils, and gcc.

su, init 3, NVIDIA-~.run, and when it goes to compile the kernel module, I get this.

"The kernel header file '/lib/modules/2.6.3-4mdk/build/include/linux/modversions.h' does not exits. The most likely readon for this is that the kernel header files in '/lib/modules/2.6.3-4mdk/build/include' have not been configured."

What the? How do I? Hey, whats going on here?

Have you (anyone) run into this same problem?

Grrrrrr. Ive read the nvidia page on linuxz download/install, which matches (more or less) the howto on mandrakeusers, and that not the way things are going.

I'm very confused.

Ken

My 3d was tight in 9.2, but now that I have been using 10 its choppy to the point where its completely futile to try and play a game. I cant even get znes to play smooth. I have a tired tnt2ultra but it was fine in 9.2. Did you notice any 3d degredation initially in 10? I have a feeliing I need to get the new nvidia drivers.

this is what I get while trying to urpmi the kernel-source

urpmi kernel-source
Please insert the medium named "Installation CD 3 (x86) (cdrom3)" on device [/dev/hdb]
Press Enter when ready...

error: /mnt/cdrom/Mandrake/RPMS3/kernel-source-2.6.3-4mdk.i586.rpm: Fread failed: Input/output error
The following packages have bad signatures:
/mnt/cdrom/Mandrake/RPMS3/kernel-source-2.6.3-4mdk.i586.rpm: Missing signature (Unable to read rpm file)
Do you want to continue installation ? (y/N) y
installing /mnt/cdrom/Mandrake/RPMS3/kernel-source-2.6.3-4mdk.i586.rpm
Preparing...                ##################################################
  1:kernel-source          ##################################################
error: unpacking of archive failed on file /usr/src/linux-2.6.3-4mdk/drivers/net/hamachi.c;405670dc: cpio: read failed - Input/output error

Any thoughts... where do I get the source?