My printer not found on Nforce2 USB

Sarissi

This is Mandrake 9.1 Powerpack Edition, and with the nforce2 mandrake binary 9.1 RPM installed. Printer is HP DeskJet 3820 USB/Parallel. I had this on USB, since I have an old but excellent condition Panasonic KX-P1123 DMP on the parallel port. Win98SE detected the Hp on usb with no problem.

This printer is detected on usb even with the printer turned off by Windows, and was by Mandrake 9.0 and 9.1 until I got this Gigabyte GA-7N400-L nforce2 chipset motherboard. :furious3:

Since I do need the printer to be functional in Mandrake, I had to remove the usb cable and put the parallel cable on it (and the computer). This got it detected and setup in 9.1.

Since this could happen with any usb printer and the nforce2 chipset, note this as a workaround. At least if your priinter also has parallel interface.

I did have some sort of error message at boot in lilo, but it went by too fast to see it totally. Something about IRQs or something. Maybe the usb is not being detected properly.