Where can I find an XF86 4.4 rpm?

Neronix

I'm not happy with the license change which has forced all the major distros to use 4.3 - this includes Mandrake 10.0. Installing X using the source or the binaries provided is too confusing for an uber n00b like me. If anyone can point me to an rpm or maybe if you have the time to make an rpm then I will be eternally grateful.

A big thanks in advance

I'm not happy with the license change which has forced all the major distros to use 4.3 - this includes Mandrake 10.0. Installing X using the source or the binaries provided is too confusing for an uber n00b like me. If anyone can point me to an rpm or maybe if you have the time to make an rpm then I will be eternally grateful.

A big thanks in advance

If you have an FTP server I can upload the 4.4 rpms to from cooker when it was in there I can do that.

Otherwise you have to follow the readme at.

http://xfree86.org/4.4.0/Install.html

If you upgrade to 4.4 what do you do if something is not compatible or something goes wrong? (Besides restore) Is there a way to roll back?

You can uninstall X, then install a new version older version. If you install anything needing X from the source it might have to be recompiled as well.