Mandrake 10 was the last straw!

Guest 1on1

People read about the release policies and don't pay attention to the wording. Then they end up  :furious3:  at what they ASSUME  :oops:    is the Final release!!!!!

Sarissi,

The purchase page says NOTHING about it not being final.

If they are going to SELL it then thats another thing.

I tend to agree that 10.0 CE is as good as any .0 release BUT this is a pointless comparison to some noobie who's trying 10.0 as there first ever distro.

Sure, blame the distro. Those who use it properly and have problems are those who will have problems on most other distros, since their hardware is cumbersome.

Not true ... my PCMCIA works perfectly with lindows, knoppix and debian...

My nforce2 chipset no longer locks up since changing to debian.

But on the 'most generic' machine MDK 10 works really well too.

Some other crazy tthings ... mandrake move is crippleware !! whats the point, sure texstar will get more customers :D but removing the USB support Mass storage ??

Mandrake seems to be floundering, and its not pretty, its like watching a fish stranded on the beach as it tries to cripple itself. Yep removing the source from 9.2 was crazy... lots of people got pissed at mandrake and will never go back....

I tried mandrake move, it didn't boot (must be my hardware since knoppix boots fine ?)

Then the 10 CEdition ... fine i think its a REALLY good idea to make a stable version BUT they will just piss off more people in the meantime.

What they need to do is to actually manage to do this without looking like theyre trying a fast one.

My take was removing 9.2 source from the DE was a means to get people to buy the club, thats fibne I don't object just SAY SO.

What annoys me and I think lots of others is the feeling that MDK is trying to manipulate them instead of just coming straight out and saying it.

What's with ONLY putting the nvidia driver on silver and above membership !!!

Its either freely distributable OR not. If you happen to have internet its no big deal BUT its the thought that counts. IMHO Mandrake have done this to encourage more bronze members to move upo to silver. IMVHO this is a dishonest way to do it.

I HOPE that once they have a STABLE edition they will stop charging for a community edition. I don't mind paying for Mandy, I always have right up to 10 but I dont like being manipulated.