cdbakeoven

Guest mandrake123

Guest mandrake123

I am running Mandrake 9.0. I have downloaded all the mandrake rpm's for cdbakeoven from cdbakeoven.sourceforge.net and none of them work. I get dependency errors. It needs a file called libkutils or something like that. that file is not available on cdbakeovens site or on the mandrake cd as far as i cab tell. Has anyone gotten cdbakeoven to actually work on Mandrake9? if so, which version and how?

If what you mean is k3b, the best place to find it (among other software) is texstar's place at http://www.pclinuxonline.com

Better yet, just put texstar's mirror in your urpmi database and just urpmi it.

Look at this place

http://www.mandrakeusers.org/viewtopic.php?p=7583#7583

for instruction on how to add texstar's ftp site. After you add that mirror, you can just do a

urpmi k3b

and everything including dependancies will be downloaded and installed automatically for you.

Guest mandrake123

Right now, doesn't urpmi point to the installation cd's? What if after i add Texstars ftp site to urpmi i want to add something from my cd's? can i have both or only one at a time?

urpmi points to everything in the urpmi database. In my urpmi database I have the three cds, texstar, contrib mirror, update mirror and plf mirror. You can even add a cooker mirror in there also and you can urpmi cooker packages (not recommended since cooker is designed to be experimental.. it can really screw up your computer). It can be a bit of a pain if you want to install a specific package in which there are two mirrors hosting that package albeit with different version number (the only easy way to do this is via rpmdrake and choose that specific package with specific version number), but otherwise, if you put something in the urpmi database, it will be considered as a place to get all the dependencies from.