Print queue seems clogged...

Guest Heru

Sounds odd, I know.

I have a working printer(or should it be had?), it worked fine until just a little while ago. I tried to print out a web page from Phoenix, and it sent out the job the the queue and it simply stayed there and never went to the printer. Not knowing what happenned I tried two more times, and even once changed the command Phoenix uses to the command another program uses. It didn't work. I checked the queue with KLpq and sure enough there are three jobs lined up not being sent to the printer. So I try to cancel a job, and it won't cancel, I try unchecking the printing check box in KLpq and it won't let me. I try KLpq as root and get the same result.

In frustration I rebooted the system, hoping that would clear out the queue. Well it didn't. Upon reboot I checked KLpq again and those same three jobs are still in the queue never to be printed.

Yes my printer is on and configured. It is indeed hooked up the the computer, and Mandrake sees it. I can't print a test page to see if it works since there are three jobs before it that won't print.

I need to clear the queue. I have no idea how to whe KLpq won't let me. Help.

Update.

Silly me, I cleared the queue using the lprm command, I forgot all about that one.

BUT it didn't solve the problem. It simply won't print anything anymore, at all. I tried to print a test page, but no such luck.

I'm starting to get real iritated at this. I'm wondering if the problem is Mandrake or my printer. I have Mandrake 9.0 and a HP Deskjet 3820 that worked earlier.

It's enabled.

The problem seems interesting. I decided to scrap the existing configuration and start again. Worked wonderfully.

My best guess is that if I turn off the printer and then turn it back on, Mandrake has problems with it for some reason. I'm probably wrong, but it's the best guess I have.

Oh well, anyone have any idea what the deeper problem could be? If not, no big deal, I'll assume it's a bug in 9.0 or perhaps CUPS.