Mouse sensibility

Mr.Ouch

At first: Hi@all =) !

I have got the following problem:

I am using Mandrake Linux 9.2 (Download Edition)... everything is working fine, except the mouse. It is very laggy. When i move my mouse very slow, the courser doesn't response. I have allready increased the mouse accerlation in the KDE-Controlcenter, but that didn't have any efect to the mouse sensibility. Where can I increase the mouse sensibiliy?

(I am using a "Labtec Optical Mouse"[PS\2])

THX for your help! ^^

(btw: sry for my bad english)

hmmm........

i have the same mouse (ps2), in mdk9.2. i can make mine run like a rabbit using Kontrol Center->peripherals->mouse. i use a combo of acceleration, drag responce time, & pixel sensitivity to make it just right. what speed do you have it set at? i have mine set at 6x which is plenty fast. not sure about my other settings. at work right now so i can't check.

Chris

Thx for your reply. I've used a speed of 3x. I've now changed my settings to the following:

accerlation: 4x

drag response time: 0 ms

pixel sensivity: 1 pixel

it is a bit better now, but the mouse sensibility is still bad enough. is there no way to change the sensibility direktly? if not, what settings are you using to get a precise mouse?

p.s: i need a precise mouse for counterstrike... B)

here's my current setting using a Labtec 2 button w/scrollwheel optical ps2 mouse.......

under KCC->peripherals->mouse->advanced tab i have the following settings.......

pointer acceleration 6x

pointer threshold 4 pixels

doubleclick interval 400 msec

drag start time 500 msec

drag start distance 2 pixels

mouse wheel scolls by 2 lines

please note...........

these settings suit me fine for my needs. i'm not a gamer, so i don't need pin point, snap of the finger accuracy. i am quite comfortable with the above settings for my computer use. you may very well have to play around with various combinations until you hit a "sweet spot" that suits your particular needs.

Chris

It is only 1 mouse driver loaded.

These are the settings for it:

Section "Pointer"

Protocol "IMPS/2"

Device "/dev/psaux"

ZAxisMapping 4 5

EndSection

Any suggestions?

@Chris:

Thx for your help:lol:, but the mouse still has a "strange" behavior.

Edited by Mr.Ouch

hmmmm.......

not sure what you mean about only having one mouse driver loaded. only one driver is needed to run your mouse. :juggle:

in Kontrol Center->peripherals->mouse, do you not have three tab selections? they should be "general" "advanced" "mouse navigation". the settings i'm talking about are found under "advanced". if you mean you have the wrong driver loaded, then go into MCC (Mandrake Control Center)->hardware->mouse & choose the correct driver for your mouse, then reboot for it to detect the new driver. if you only have a 2 button mouse then the driver should be "ps2 standard". if it's a 3 button or scroll wheel mouse, then the driver should be "generic ps2 wheelmouse".

Chris

Mr. Ouch....

Just an observation ...(since Im guessing you would want to know)

sensibilité = sensitivity !=sensibility

(sensibility est un faux ami)

In English sensibility = "je ne veux pas heurter la susceptibilité de qui que ce soit " (and I hope I don't :D)

Or to have sensitivity = avoir de la sensibilité

:D