Importing mail into Evolution

Ronin

We used to use Sylpheed-Claws as our email client but my better looking half recently discoverd Evolution and she's taken a liking to it. Probibly cause its very familiar looking, they use Outlook at work. :-)

Is there anyway I can import her mail from Sylpheed-Claws into Evolution 1.4? Or are we stuck bouncing back and forth between the old email in Claws the new mail in Evolution?

Thanks

Ronin

I hope this is NOT the definitive answer! :unsure:

AFAIK, Sylpheed uses the MH format to store the e-mails, and Evolution the Mbox one. Sylpheed can, again AFAIK, import mbox files, but I don't know if it also offers to export them. Take a look on the program itself (I never used it).

If that doens't work, you can maybe use Balsa to import the MH and export save it to Mbox (Balsa can work with the 3 mailbox formats I know: Mh, Mbox and Maildir). But be careful. Though suposingly using the same format, th MH and (less) the mbox formats used by two or more different apps can actually be slightly different. Take a look at this thread ( http://www.mandrakeusers.org/index.php?showtopic=8258 ) to see what I mean. So do a backup before anything else. ;)

Congrats then! :thumbs:

But what did work?  The Sylpheed->Evolution thing or the Sylpheed->Balsa->Evolution one?

I'm curious to know about that kind of (in)compatibilities between e-mail clients...  :cheesy:

I exported the MH in Sylpheed-Claws to mbox then imported it into Evolution without a problem. Gotta love it when it works out that nicely.. :-)