cscmail

jeanackle

I installed cscmail, but when I try and run it, I get this:

Use of uninitialized value in string eq at /usr//bin/cscmail line 54.
Can't locate object method "init" via package "Gtk::XmHTML" (perhaps you forgot to load "Gtk::XmHTML"?) at /usr//bin/cscmail line 57.

Any thoughts appreciated.

OK, this is gonna be a WAG (wildassguess)

I think the key in that error message is:

via package "Gtk::XmHTML"

I believe I remember something similiar dealing with a new program not compiling due to an incompatible libraries. I am thinking you found a new program someone compiled on a 9.2 system and you got a 9.1 system with a slightly different GTK setup.

OK, this is gonna be a WAG (wildassguess)

Any guesses are welcome here (as long as it relates to the question), so thanks for yours :)

I believe I remember something similiar dealing with a new program not compiling due to an incompatible libraries. I am thinking you found a new program someone compiled on a 9.2 system and you got a 9.1 system with a slightly different GTK setup.

Well, I installed it from a Mdk 9.1 source (though the 9.2 version is exactly the same: 1.6.2-2mdk), and reinstalled it to make sure it was from a 9.1 source.

I did check for gtkxmhtml, and I found I already had libgtkxmhtml installed (could it be there are some incompatibilities between Mandrake's and Textstar's gtk libs - I don't know which packaghes I got from which of those).

It did give me a dependency prob at install time though, complaining it missed perl-Mail-Sender. I couldn't find it in my usual mirror, but I got it from rpmfind (the 9.1 version: 0.8.04-2mdk), and then there were no error messages during the install.

The lines it complains about (54-57) are:

if ($HTMLWIDGET eq "GtkHTML") {
init Gtk::HTML;
} else {
init Gtk::XmHTML;