mplayer stutter with quicktime movies

ralph1976

i use mplayer with codecs and plugin for mozilla to watch movies on quicktime.com. however, when around half the movie is played, mplayer starts to stutter.

my guess is, that it didn't cache enough in advance, to play the movie properly. but whenever i try to change the cache size of it, it resets back to 8192...

i include a picture to show how mplayer looks when playing quicktime movies. it always shows the osd (with wrong data), even when i deactivated it in preferences and after some time the clip starts to stutter (around 1:20 when large). when i start mplayer from k-menu again it show only the small bar that i saw before under the quicktime-clip...

i'm using mplayer-1.0-0.pre3.11plf, mplayerplugin-0.80-1mdk and win32-codecs-1.4-2plf

post-10-1076845501.jpg

Edited by ralph1976

Could it be something with your video card? I really don't know, but if you have a tnt2 like me, it has 8 meg on board... maybe this has something to do with the cache setting? As for the stutter, I would think it has more to do with your connection and processor.