GNOME 2.4

On a mandrake forum? Most all are using gnome2.4 unless thay have ML9.0 and haven't upgraded.

Depends. How's suse's gnome2.2 in comparison to ML9.0's gnome2.2. It was crap. Better than 1.4 mind you but still crap compared to ML9.1 or 9.2's gnome2.4. Wasn't well integrated at the time but I'd imagine that suse has taken care of that by now.

One bit of advice, if you do upgrade.....don't do it while in gnome. Go to kde or fluxbox or something. things can get weird with gnome-session and gnome-panel if you do it within gnome.

Edited by bvc

On a mandrake forum? Most all are using gnome2.4 unless thay have ML9.0 and haven't upgraded.

Depends. How's suse's gnome2.2 in comparison to ML9.0's gnome2.2. It was crap. Better than 1.4 mind you but still crap compared to ML9.1 or 9.2's gnome2.4. Wasn't well integrated at the time but I'd imagine that suse has taken care of that by now.

One bit of advice, if you do upgrade.....don't do it while in gnome. Go to kde or fluxbox or something. things can get weird with gnome-session and gnome-panel if you do it within gnome.

what if I go into init 3, will that make a difference or is just doing it in KDE the best way to go about it?

Mark