hd might be going bad?

jlc

cybrjackle .....

You know this, Im just reminding you. 

(Ix once told me something I already knew about reinstalls saving your social life.... he was very right!!! I just needed telling it again)

Stop messing.... go and get another disk before you loose your data. 

Get the other disk in, make a nice install and copy your data and stuff across beforeit dies on ya!!!!

Then you can mess with the other one.... if you fix it great .... you'll have a spare disk and some room to play with filesystems and stuff. 

don't take this the wrong way!!!  I just think sometimes it helps when someone else says it!!!!

Good luck!!

Thx,

My stuff is always pushed to my "Solaris" ftp server so I am for the most part always safe. Why do you think it is easy for me to be a Distro Ho? :lol2:

I'm wondering if the file system has just became so hosed up. I'm going to throw slack on it tonight if I get a chance and see if it lives for a while.

If you have another cable around, you can try swapping it out. Could just be a cabling problem. Anonther possible problem could be your power supply. I suspect it's problably the drive though.

I tend to agree....

My old man taught me a valuable lesson.....

He's a bit of a scrooge, I never had anything new as a child!!!!

However, when it comes to photography he taught me one thing...

Don't buy cheap film!!!

When you get back from vacation and find your snaps are all fuzzy then you will regret not spending the extra 50c on the good film...

My old man throws away any free film .... really I never seen him throw anything else away....

I guess drives are the same.... Every time I fix one thats had serious problems it ends up costing me later!!!!

I'd go as far as repartitioning it and sticking on a filesystem follwoed by a burnin...

If that doesn't work then all the fix-it-up utilities in the world won't stop the bad sectors spreading!!!