Mandrake Move

steve6787

Ok, first of all I'm all very new at this. I just installed Mandrake 9.2 yesterday on an old PII 350, with 128MB RAM. Installation was pretty smooth and I'm already starting to get used to it :thumbs: , but my question is Mandrake Move.

When I stick the Mandrake Move CD in, it loads up to the press F1 for more options or press Enter to Continue. When I press Enter it comes up and says to please wait, then after about 10-15 seconds, my whole screen goes black and I get nothing. I eventually have to reboot. Although, for a short while there is hard drive and cd rom activity. I have tried pressing F1, but I'm not sure what to do after that point.

:help::help:

how long does your startup of mandrake move take?

It generally takes 5-7 minutes to load. This is running on a PII 350. Its much slower than the regular version, because its loading the OS from the CD. Or at least thats how I understand Mandrake Move works.

is a usb stick explicitly needed or just optional?

I believe a Usb stick is only needed to save configuration files to.

Edited by steve6787

• 6 months later...
Guest xinelo

is a usb stick explicitly needed or just optional?

I believe a Usb stick is only needed to save configuration files to.

And I think you can only use it if you have a paying version...

• 3 months later...

On my machine, Move2 (Mandrake 10) takes 4 min to boot. If a USB memory drive is connected at boot up, it is shown in /mnt/windows. If connected after boot up and login, it is shown up as /mnt/removable. Also my Windows XP NTFS drive did not get mounted. I have not been able to mount it since.

Regards.