Firebird fun

chin808

Hi you guys, its been a while since my last post... things have really been going well for me in my linux world untill lately. My firebird was my pride n joy, the bookmarks, the quicl links, the way I had it set up was just right. For some reason now it wont let me open my default profile because it says it is already open somewhere else. BUT IT ISNT I went to the system monitor and there were no instances of mozilla running. I re log in but it doesnt make a difference. :( Nothing has recently changed on the machine.. I log off sometimes to get on XP so my girl can play burgertime (dont ask) and my xp drive crashes (like everytime) but thats a bad $10 hard drive. My linux has never given me problems so I dont thihnk that stuff is related. I have moz 1.4 and galeon but SCREW them, my firebird was KING!!! Any thoughts???

ps. I have read the mozilla annoying me thread and found nothing I could use there.

u guys rawk ! oh and pps the Butterfly effect is a pretty cool movie ;) :thumbs: case u were wonderin

Edited by chin808

Actually, that is a pretty easy fix. Open up your favorite file browser, navigate to your default profile for firebird. On my laptop, that's ~/.phoenix/default/zgk6ykvv.slt/ Your's is probably different.

In that folder, there will be a file called lock. Delete it and your default profile will start up just fine.