Suse 9.0

Well I wanna try running limewire so I did some digging around in the FAQ's. Everytying was going smoothly till I get to this part of it.

cd /usr/lib/mozilla-1.4/plugins/

I don't seem to have that mozilla folder at all in /jusr/lib

I have no clue why. Anybody have any ideas since I need to do some changes in their to get java running proplerly. Any hlep is appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

well I got good news and bad news. I found that directory that you were talking about pmpatrick and I did the commmands in that dir that the FAQ told me to do. LimeWire was able to install after I did that which is the good news. Now the bad news is Mozilla won't run :( Any ideas of what happened?

Mark

sh runLimeWire

btw, java should have been installed by default in Suse 9.

When I originally tried to install limewire it wouldn't install, said it needed java to run, that's why I installed the java (pain in the butt) and now mozilla won't run anymore.

I also tried "sh runLimeWire" and nothing happened, didn't get any message from the terminal either. Any ideas?

Mark

Look in the suse yast2 install package section and search for "java" there is also a kdejava something plugin and as far as mozilla you might just need to re-install it.

What does mozilla do if you try and run it from the cli

#mozilla

or

#mozilla -debug

Look in the suse yast2 install package section and search for "java" there is also a kdejava something plugin and as far as mozilla you might just need to re-install it.

What does mozilla do if you try and run it from the cli

#mozilla

or

#mozilla -debug

I'll give that a try when I get home from work, sounds like it could work :D Oh, btw, I'm running GNOME...would the kdejava still work it would it mess things up since I'm running GNOME?

...oh, one more thing. I've never uninstalled software in linux before, how would I go about removing it? Thanks for any help you can give.

Mark

Edited by mdemers883

Oh, i thought you were using mozilla.

Do a search in yast2 for mozilla and see what comes up.  I think it is "mozillafirebird", but i'm not sure about that.

Yep, I found mozillafirebird in yast2. I downloaded that and was able to launch firebird via cli :D Since I haven't been able to use it lately I've been using Konqueror and I like it just as much :D

I still can't get limewire to run for somereason, any ideas?

Mark

Do a search for "java" in yast2 and post what comes up.

when you do

# sh runLimeWire

or

# ./runLimeWire

What do you get for an error?

when I do "sh runLimeWire" I don't get any error, it hangs for a second or two then nothign else happnes. I'll try "./runLimeWire" when I get home from class and see how that works.

Mark