IrfanView alternative?

Sushubh

For html I use Quanta which is part of the KDE suit. Its a text based editor with syntax highlighting and auto completion. It also does project management, preview, etc... Well worth a try.

IMHO IrfanView is the best image viewer ever ;). I got it to work under Wine without too many problems, and keep it around for emergancies. But I normally use Kuickshow (another KDE app), which is quite good and similar to IV in many ways. The important key shortcuts are:

Page Up & Down for going through the directory

F for full screen

Q Exit

Edited by mtweidmann

For html I use Quanta which is part of the KDE suit.  Its a text based editor with syntax highlighting and auto completion.  It also does project management, preview, etc...  Well worth a try.

IMHO IrfanView is the best image viewer ever ;).  I got it to work under Wine without too many problems, and keep it around for emergancies.  But I normally use Kuickshow (another KDE app), which is quite good and similar to IV in many ways.  The important key shortcuts are:

Page Up & Down for going through the directory

F for full screen

Q Exit

If you have a wheel mouse, just scroll the wheel to move from image to image. It's much more convenient than pressing Pg Up and Down and you can move through images much quicker than using the keyboard.