Suse 9.0

Everything is up running right after install except my sound. I have onboard sound and a pci card (I'm assuming that's the conflict)

Here is the output of lspci:

d-216-195-130-149:~ # lspci
00:00.0 Host bridge: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] SiS 645xx (rev 03)
00:01.0 PCI bridge: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] SiS 530 Virtual PCI-to-PCI bridge (AGP)
00:02.0 ISA bridge: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS]: Unknown device 0963 (rev 25)
00:02.5 IDE interface: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] 5513 [IDE]
00:02.7 Multimedia audio controller: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] Sound Controller (rev a0)
00:03.0 USB Controller: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] USB 1.0 Controller (rev 0f)
00:03.1 USB Controller: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] USB 1.0 Controller (rev 0f)
00:03.2 USB Controller: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] USB 2.0 Controller
00:04.0 Ethernet controller: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] SiS900 10/100 Ethernet (rev 91)
00:09.0 Communication controller: Lucent Microelectronics: Unknown device 048c (rev 02)
00:0b.0 Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs SB Live! EMU10k1 (rev 08)
00:0b.1 Input device controller: Creative Labs SB Live! MIDI/Game Port (rev 08)
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon RV100 QY [Radeon 7000/VE]

The sound that I'm trying to use is the pci card (Creative Labs SB Live!)

any ideas on how to configure it to work, or possibly load a certain driver for it (dealing with the drivers and certain conflicts seems to be my weakest area so far in linux)

Thanks

Mark

YaST has a great config tool for sound. Have you tried it? You can delete cards or choose the primary/secondary etc....

This should also be in the Other Distrobutions Section.

Sorry for putting it in the wrong forum bvc I"m still trying to learn how you guys like stuff here. But now that I know where this type of question belongs that will help me out :D Thanks for the tip as well bvc, I got it working now :D

Mark