A Bit of Installation Help PLZ

Jedd999

I downloaded mandrake 9.2 and burned the image files to CD, and I partitioned and began the install with no problem, but when it asks me to put in the second cd, and I do so, the install process stalls...

I tried to eject the cd and re-insert it, as well as to re-run the setup multiple times, but the same thing happens....

I am trying to run a dual boot on a dell inspiron 600m laptop...

If anyone could offer any suggestions, it would be much appreciated!

Windows, and other os's, use a table file to show the contents of a cdrom. The actual data is not accessed until you request a specific file, picture, whatever, off of the cdrom. During downloading, sometimes the data is corrupted during transmission. If the table is correct, no one can know theat the data is bad until you use it. An md5sum is a way of telling if the data is bad before you're in the middle of an install!

See if your burner software will give you an md5sum prior to burning. I haven't used Nero in so long I don't remember it! All Mandrake cd's list their md5sum in a file on the server, labled md5sum! You can read the file in a text editor.