How to install KDE Themes/Styles?

Kristof

I have downloaded this theme for KDE. I extracted the .tar.bz2 file and now I have a new folder. According to kde-look I have to type in these commands:

To Install:

./configure --prefix=`kde-config --prefix`

make

make install

ldconfig

When I enter ./configure --prefix=`kde-config --prefix`, I get this: configure: error: expected an absolute directory name for --prefix: kde-config --prefix. So I guess that I have to replace the kde-config part. But with what? I know this probably is a very stupid question, but I really have no clue.

Edit:

Ok, the ./configure part worked (I used ' in stead of `the first time, that is why it wouldn't work)

After the configure part, I did make and make install and finally ldconfig.

I didn't get any error.

The theme isn't listed in the KDE Theme Manager. How can I use this theme?

Edited by Kristof

Thanks for the replies. I have tried the --prefix=/usr and I have also restarted X. Nothing worked. I have downloaded and installed 3 themes from KDE-look.org, and none of them are listed in the Theme list. In stead, they are available in Window Decorations, Colors and Styles.

So, what exactly is a theme? A combination of a style, window decoration and a color scheme? If so, how can I manually combine combines these three into a theme? When I click on Add or Create in the Theme Manager, I have to point to a .theme file. What do I have to put in such a .theme file?