IBM TV spots

Darkelve

The new IBM commercial(s) for Linux are quite fun:

http://www-306.ibm.com/e-business/doc/cont...mpaign=6N2A5W53

Anyone knows where they are airing? Is it only on the net, only in the US, is it on commercial stations or not, ... ?

The commercials are nice, but it should be done on a bigger scale (and by diff. companies). I mean, as for my company, I am positive e.g. Novell's Linux solutions would be far more reliably & less expensive than our current 'Upgrade' from NT 4.0 to Windows XP. Unfortunately I've got nothing to say when it comes to IT infrastructure.

But Novell, and certainly Linux, are relatively unknown to a lot of people. And if people don't know who you are & what you do, obviously they cannot do business with you...

Edited by Darkelve

Dude, they were running on CNN about three months ago. I had a post about them as well. South Africa gets the British CNN feed AFAIK. I presume they were flighted in the US as well?

The ads are brilliant and they made people more curious/aware of Linux.

They didn't do half as good a job as our website will though ;)

They didn't do half as good a job as our website will though ;)

Has done. Does. Will do B)

Edit: Oh, you mean OUR website. Sorry, I was a little confused 'cause it does not exist yet and I was thinking in the present. So I assumend you were talking about MandrakeUsers...

Of course our website will rule! B)

Darkelve

P.S. it's just I never saw them, and recently I read there was a new one added. Didn't mean to 'stea'l your thread...

Edited by Darkelve

Yes, If you watched the NFL (American Pro Football) Playoffs, they showed a IBM Linux commerical almost every break. Even my non linux using friends thought they were pretty good ads. Hopefully IBM will pony up the big bucks for a new one for the Super Bowl (NFL Campionship for the non sports people), now that would be great exposure as it's one of the most watched events each year. And I think it was CBS (network) that showed them the most and they cover the Super Bowl this year ( New England Patriots vs. Carolina Panthers Feb. 1, 2004- pregame to start about six hours too early :D )