• Announcements

• spinynorman

Mandriva Official Documentation

Official documentation for extant versions of Mandriva can be found at doc.mandriva.com.   Documentation for the latest release may take some time to appear there. You can install all the manuals from the main repository if you have Mandriva installed - files are prefixed mandriva-doc.
    • paul

Forum software upgrade   10/29/17

So you may have noticed the forum software has upgraded !!!
      A few things that have changed. We no longer have community blogs (was never really used) We no longer have a portal page.
      We can discuss this, and decide whether it is needed (It costs money) See this thread: Here
Sign in to follow this  
rogerh

Web browser security setup - can't access [solved]

Hello,

Just loaded 2010.2, and am having problems with accessing web pages. I have the firewall off, and seem to have no problems with pages that are not secure. Secure log-in pages, such as for eBay, won't load. I can get some of them finally with Chromium (in an unformatted state), but none at all with Firefox. Not sure if it is a security set-up issue, or if there are some plug-ins that are required. Do I need to add user permissions, or alter the setup in some way? I was running 2008 previously, and did not have this problem.

Suggestions appreciated. I think I am most of the way there on this install, but have a few bumps to get over to get the system really usable.

Thanks -- Roger

[moved from Installing Mandriva by spinynorman]

Tools

System Tools

Configure Your Computer

Security

Configure System Security

Security Settings

Are you set at "standard"?

Hello,

It was not set at standard, but is now. Still have the same problem, though. I actually found a post from several years ago about having to change the max system MTU from 1500 to 1492 in the /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 to make my modem work. Forgot how to file edit and use kdesu, so some homework will be necessary......

thanks -- Roger

Hello,

Changing the MTU rate has resolved my access problems. Thanks for suggesting checking the security, since MSEC was unselected (off).

Regards -- Roger