Happy Birthday to Gnu

Leo

It was even in the 'Metro' today, a commuters magazine read by thousands of persons a day in Belgium! They already did a short article about OpenOffice.

They also did an article today on the popularity of MSN messenger, but not forgetting to mention the existence of Trillian and Jabber ("the Open Source community has its own open protocol, called 'jabber') and a short explanation on how the closedness of MSN protocol is not necesarrily a good thing, plus the mention that in Germany, a minority uses MSN messenger!.

Also, EVEN in Clicxk, a Belgian computer magazine aimed ONLY at mainstream dummie-heads (with lots of pretty pictures and tips only on windows and programs running on it) a copy of OpenOffice was included on the demo CD!

I know this is not the 'what in 2004' thread, but I predict a shift of mentality in the press in the coming years (2004 and 2005), then a massive 'defection' to Linux or *nix-based desktops in 2005/2006. Which will of course run kernel 2.6 and lots of other goodies discussed in the '2004' thread. While others will still be waiting for FogHorn.

Happy birthday Stallman & co! Your idealism was one of the things that made this possbile!

And the people behind the curtains, e.g. it is entirely possible a FLOSS enthousiast is working at Metro now. I'm kind of in a good position as well, so I will make sure our website works in all major browsers (with decent CSS support), in Linux as well!

Lol... we're slowly taking over.

:headbang:

Edited by Darkelve