Anyoe have success wit poster printing?

VeeDubb

Okay, i'm running KDE and i'm trying to print a REALY big pdf file as a poster. In particular, I'm trying to print the pdf map of middle earth found on this page ------> http://www.ititches.com/middleearth/

In the printer dialog, ther is a section for poster printing, and I select tabloid size (cause that's the size I want) and go, and of course, it does not come out right. either the alignment is off or the scaling is off and it does not work.

I have tried every combination i could come up with of various page setup optons before printer and options in the print dialog and none of it works.

if anyone has any suggestions, let me know. and if anyone can actualy get the stupid thing to print, i'd REALLY appreciate knowing how you did it.

All I can get is a single 8.5 by 11 and that's too small to do any good.

If your problem is scaling among a multipage out-put of a single image, the driver is most likely at fault. See if your printer has a different driver available in Mandrake.

If I wasn't clear, I'm don't have a large format printer. I have a regualr old desktop printer that will print pages up to 8.5" wide. (That's letter size)

There is an uption in the print settings in mandrake that is for breaking up an image into seperate pages. You can select any size you want, and then it prints out the poster on as many sheets of letter size paper as it takes. Tabloid is 2 sheets, A3 is 4, and there is one that takes 9 sheets.

Edited by VeeDubb

Guest kuchwas

I understood...

It was a joke. I was being goofy, silly stupid, blah, blah, blah. :joker:

Right now with cooker apps, xpdf, kghostview both dump core when I open it.

It's been that kind of a day - It's Moanday.... :wall:

But tomorrow is TTT = two tequla tuesday! hehehe