Here is a beauty!!

Peppercorn

I'm not running 9.2 yet, but they have split up some of the kde packages and that is likely part of the problem. If you are running the default desktop it is not finding kpackage or any other package tool. You need to setup file associations with an application set to open .rpm files.

You can use urpmi from the command line and actually it is much better. I prefer using it to double click installs because you get more feedback.

Here's what I do:

1. Copy the rpm(s) you want to install into a separate directory

2. Open konsole or your fav terminal

3. cd to that directory

4. first test the install to see if there are problems. Become Superuser : type "su" (no quotes) and enter your root password.

5. then run #urpmi -v --test *.rpm (or you can name the specific package)

Then you will get a "test" run that checks if you have dependency problems... by running -v you get good feedback. The "test" will tell you if it will install properly or if you need more files or have some other conflict.

6. If all is well, run #urpmi -v *.rpm and it will install for you

7. If you have a conflict or missing dependency the feedback will tell you which files are needed, etc. then you need to download them to the directory and try again.

8. After install, don't forget to exit root # exit

Make sure to upgrade urpmi and all the drak packages too. There are lots of updates for 9.2 that fix some serious bugs.

Hope this gets you going!

Edited by kmack