Apache server question

fatk

Well i hope i can describe what i would like to do is good, but let me know if something is unclear.

I am going to set up a parition for an mp3 jukebox of my family's fav CD's that they can pull up on their computers. Now my family have no clue how get on linux, and i don't want to have them navagating through tons of different folders to find it. Now I would like to code something for them to have like a intranet webpage they could go to, and load their list from there. And even search for songs. Now my friend and I can code the webpage with PHP to do that kind of stuff, my question is how woudl I get apache to use the scritps with the files. I know that for anything for PHP to work i need to have it in /var/www/html/ , which i am guessing is my apache directory for the pages. What do i need to setup/do to get the intranet page working? I don't need the page to be internal, since the server isn't public anyway.

I hope what I want to do is clear, like I said let me know if i can clear it up any better.

[root@omarserenity omar]# rpm -qa | grep php
apache2-mod_php-2.0.47_4.3.2-2mdk
php-gd-4.3.2-4mdk
libphp_common432-4.3.3-2mdk
php-ini-4.3.3-1mdk
php-manual-en-4.3.3-1mdk
mod_php-4.3.3-2mdk
php-pear-4.3.2-3mdk
php-cgi-4.3.3-2mdk
php-netools-4.3.3_0.2-1mdk
php432-devel-4.3.3-2mdk
php-mime_magic-4.3.3-1mdk
php-mysql-4.3.2-3mdk
php-xml-4.3.2-3mdk
php-rrdtool-4.3.3_1.0.45-1mdk
php-ming-4.3.3-1mdk
php-xmlrpc-4.3.2-3mdk
phpIP-3.2-1mdk
php-mailparse-4.3.3_0.9.3-1mdk

This what I have installed as far as php stuff, minus a few things that I know aren't relevant. Some of this still may be irrelevant, but I wasn't sure. I hope this is what you are asking for. With these installed and apache installed, php pages work fine on my box. As a matter of fact, my avatar is actually a php script using php-gd that is running on my box. And you are correct for the default location of where to put the scripts. Then they can just point their browser to http://your-servers-LAN-ip-address/name-of-script.php

[root@localhost kevin]# rpm -qa | grep php
php-mysql-4.3.0-2mdk
php-readline-4.3.0-1mdk
libphp_common430-430-11mdk
apache2-mod_php-2.0.44_4.3.1-2mdk
php-imap-4.3.0-3mdk
php-pgsql-4.3.0-4mdk
php-gd-4.3.0-2mdk
php-ldap-4.3.0-3mdk
[root@localhost kevin]#

That is what i have installed. My question now is, if I build a script to look in that in a different directory will that work? So say my script is here

/var/www/html and i want it to look in say /jukebox will that work as long s the file permissions allow it? That is my main concern that when someone calls the page up, it will access that directory ( the jukebox directory) if it will then that will be great, then my problem is solved. If not, do I have to make that directory like a virtual server or something else?

actually, know my friend and i discovered something. We got the script to work but, it yet it dosen't. PHP is in safe mode, and i can't find the ini file to turn it off. Anyone know where the file I need is? Thanks

Edited by fatk