CD-RW drives - Mt. Ranier

Guest snafu

I hate the "packet writing" software that comes with Nero and Roxio EZ CD under windoze. I never even use CD RW discs cuz I hate using them. Take forever to format, and I even get format errors on brand new discs.

Anyway, question is - what exactly does mt ranier do, and does it really work under mdk 9.0. In other words, does it make RW discs easier to use (drag & drop to save files) more like floppies?

I am buying a new RW drive, but I wanted to know if I should get a mt ranier drive (for example yamaha lightspeed 3) or just forget about mt ranier. (windoze is not gonna handle mt ranier until the release after XP), which doesn't matter to me cuz I'm never buying another windoze release again.

thanks in advance

ok, ZERO replies to my first and only question on this board.

Doesn't matter anyway, cause I went ahead & bought an OEM CD of win2000 today. At least its a step-up from win98, which I really hate.

This isn't an angry exit post. I still intend to install mdk 9.0 & do the dual-boot thing. However, I know now not to bother coming here with any questions.

thanks anyway

You show up here with a question about some, I believe, obscure protocol/software for cd burners and then exit after no one here can answer your question? We don't know everything, sorry.

Anyway, your choice. But I think you should try judging us on more then one question. But hey, up to you.

Good luck in M$ land.